If a case is assigned to you, but do not accept or decline, it will “time out”. If you accept a case, but do not respond, the case will also time out. In most cases, the case is assigned to another specialist within the specialty.
Articles in this section
- What is the process of responding to an eConsult?
- How do I complete a consult?
- How do I know I’ve been assigned to an eConsult?
- How long do I have until I respond to one?
- How do I know an eConsult is waiting for a response?
- What happens when I do not respond to a case?
- Can I search for a previous eConsult?
- How do I know a clinician asked a follow-up question?
- Can I send a clinician an attachment?
- I received a case more suitable for another speciality. What should I do?