To complete a consult, you will need to log onto the platform or click on the emailed link which will take you to the consult. You may also receive email and/or push notifications when a consult needs your attention, such as when a clinician uploads a new image or provides an additional comment.
When a case is assigned to you, you have three hours to accept and another three hours to respond. We provide more flexibility on the evenings and weekends.
Responses with the best ratings have the following features:
- Personalized and concise, yet as comprehensive as you can be given the limited data (show professional courtesy and collegiality)
- Educational (explain your rationale, consider clinical pearls, mini-roadmaps - references/guidelines can be helpful but are not always necessary or applicable)
- Useful, practical insights keeping resource-limited environments in mind (consider alternative pathways to avoid wasted care)
To complete a new consult:
- A new consult will appear in the “Taskbox” tab of your web platform
- Click on the consult
- Note: A preview of the consult will be available for your review before you accept or decline the case
- Click “Accept” to respond
- Once you click “Accept,” a response box will appear
- Use “Snippets” to enter general statements and provide your general thoughts
- There is an option to “Add attachment”
- Once you’re ready, click “Submit”