Once a clinician submits their eConsult, our assignment algorithm assigns it to a specialist. The specialist receives an immediate alert to notify them about the newly assigned case. The specialist will have three hours to accept or decline the case. Once the specialist accepts the case, the timer resets and they have an additional three hours to respond to the case. The eConsult remains assigned to the same specialist until it expires. We provide additional flexibility in response time on weeknights and weekends.
Articles in this section
- What is the process of responding to an eConsult?
- How do I complete a consult?
- How do I know I’ve been assigned to an eConsult?
- How long do I have until I respond to one?
- How do I know an eConsult is waiting for a response?
- What happens when I do not respond to a case?
- Can I search for a previous eConsult?
- How do I know a clinician asked a follow-up question?
- Can I send a clinician an attachment?
- I received a case more suitable for another speciality. What should I do?