eConsults are most helpful to PCPs when they are educational, evidence-based, and cost-effective. Learn more about our quality response guidelines:
- Share advice that is evidence-based and relies on current guidelines.
- If there are multiple evidence-based options, highlight all relevant options and share your reasoning for your recommendation.
- Include references to guidelines and studies where applicable.
- Answer all of the questions the PCP asks using a professional and cooperative tone while paying close attention to punctuation and grammar.
- Help clinicians understand the reasoning behind your advice with a concise, yet comprehensive response even when given limited data.
- Provide anticipatory guidance by giving PCPs a succinct roadmap outlining patient management expectations moving forward.
As a reminder, PCPs can claim CME credits for learning from your response!
- Consider alternative pathways to avoid wasted care, minimize patient out-of-pocket costs, and share lower-cost generic options or classes of drugs where appropriate.
- When possible, recommend a more conservative approach to care. If you recommend a referral or a more aggressive management, provide evidence-based rationale for your suggestion.
- Address patient barriers to care if provided. The majority of patients will have significant resource and access limitations.
If you would like to keep this page as a reference, please download the PDF version attached to this page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.